3.20.06 | Interior design, alone among building professions, has long borne the brand of the Scarlet Letter. The contribution of everyone from architect to mortgage lender to sidewalk scaffolder is typically shouted to all in proximity by garish construction-site signs, while the interior designer remains hidden, bound tightly by the thongs of feckless confidentiality clauses.
- Pilot Episode for "NeoCon, WTF" - An Original Web Series
- 8/5 IIDA NY - IMPACT NY: Volunteer with Publicolor
- Alvarez-Diaz & Villalon® Awarded LEED® Platinum For its New Headquarters
- SIXINCH Invades Mohawk Group NYC Showroom
- Empire Office Hires Damian Besculides as SVP
- Allsteel Hires Rebekah Kieval As Market Manager, Dallas
- Allsteel Hires Megan Lovelace As Business Development Manager, North Central
- Allsteel Hires Tina Pelligrino As Business Development Manager, Northeast
- Francis Cauffman Principal Aran McCarthy to Lead New York Healthcare Team
- Janet Walther joins IA in Dallas
- Mark Searls Joins the Charlotte Office of Perkins Eastman as Associate Principal
- WIN Awards 2014 Shortlist Announced
- Latest News from The Center for Health Design
- DIRTT to Release 2014 Q2 Results on August 7
- Interface Declares Increased Regular Quarterly Dividend
- J+J Senior Living Symposium Identifies Five Trends
- ASID and McGraw Hill Release "Interior Design Data Excerpt"
- Winterthur Announces Publication of Anticipated Design Classic "PRINTED TEXTILES"
- Material ConneXion Book Series: Architecture & Product Design, Available for Sale
- Ward Smith New Principal & EVP Sales and Design for Unisource Solutions
- FXFOWLE Promotes Seven New Principals
- Egan Visual Announces New Representation in the Canadian Maritime Provinces
- Egan Visual Announces New Representation in Southern Texas
- Asure Software Opens New Global Offices in Dubai and Singapore
- ONO Lineal Wood Wall-Mounted Coat Racks Meld Undulating Form With Sloping Plane
- Stackable Desktop Accessories From Herman Miller
- New Sola With Additional Padding
- "Sustainable Commercial Interiors" 2nd Edition Now Available
- 8/6 IIDA NY Buffalo City Center: Canvas & Cocktails
- Lighting Design Competition Call for Entries
- Stretch of Green on I-85 Honors Interface Founder Ray C. Anderson
- Teknion Receives Two Green Good Design Awards
- IFI Bulletin | World Interiors Day 2014 - Member Report
- Baldwin& Workstations
- Beaufurn Enters Panel Category With Sound-Absorbing Accusta
- Paul Brayton Designs Introduces Erik Lounge
- EganAero Reviewed by OfficeSupplyGeek.com
- Introducing the Steinberg SF Studio
- Invision Launches Rug Program
- HPFI® GSA Contracts Renewed Through 2019
- New HPFI® Representation
- Florida International University's Landscape Architecture Name Change
- FLOS Appoints New Architectural VP in the U.S.
- FXFOWLE's Newest Partner: Nicholas Garrison
- Perkins+Will Chicago Promotions + New Hires
3.20.06 | Predictions are compelling and very often accurate. H.G Wells gave us The Time Machine, forecasting space travel, Aldous Huxley imagined cloning in Brave New World, George Orwell peered into politics with 1984 and Animal Farm. (Lets not mention the pigs.) Arthur C. Clarke took us on A 2001 Space Odyssey.
3.20.06 | The highly anticipated fifth annual Architectural Digest Home Design Show, co-sponsored by The New York Times and produced by Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc., was held at New York Citys Pier 94 on March 9 12, 2006. It did not disappoint.
3.20.06| The Architectural Digest Home Design Show 2006 at Pier 94 in New York City was a sprawling display of all the latest in home décor and design. Shashi Caans Spatial Color Exhibit sat tucked away in an inconspicuous corner of the show, past booths with impossibly comfortable looking couches and tabletops seemingly cut straight out of a redwood,
3.20.06 | On March 15, 2006 at the John Stevenson Gallery in New York City, photographer Sheila Metzner and Bernhardt Textiles unveiled the String Theory textile collection. The turnout was tremendous for this reception which presented a number of Metzners relevant photographs in tandem with her collaborative work with Bernhardt.
3.13.06 | The director of media and governmental affairs at Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill (SOM) spoke about The Politics of Architecture and the Architecture of Politics: How Aldermen, Civic Groups and MayorsShape the Built Environment at Archeworks.
3.13.06 | Ive noticed an increasing number projects all over North America incorporating photovoltaic systems in their quest for LEED certification. Unfortunately, this may be doing more harm than good.
3.13.06 | Perkins & Will/Eva Maddox Branded Environments and their client, Haworth, merged the realms of architecture, interior design, and corporate branding in the showroom they unveiled last year at Chicagos Merchandise Mart.
3.13.06 | Merchandise Mart Properties has worked with the Pacific Design Center and contract furniture showrooms to put together L.A.DesignWeek, March 2730.
3.13.06 | Transparent hotfix foil covered in tiny round and faceted crystals.
3.6.06 | Metropolitan Furniture, which holds a special niche attraction in the A & D community, began business in Oakland, California in 1905.
3.6.06 | If asked, most of us can easily come up with our preferred environment, be it home or a park, a walk around the lake, or a sailing outing.
3.6.06 | The demographic last Thursday at KnollTextiles was young and hip, the food was "downtown", and the wait staff looked as good as the fabric!
3.6.06 | Gensler has added Cary D. Johnson to its rolls as Regional Workplace Leader.
3.6.06 | After a fine introduction at NeoCon 2005, DIRTT, Inc. has been making its mark throughout the country, with its latest project being completed for the Johnson County Sunset Drive building in Olathe, Kansas.
3.6.06 | On Friday evening nearly 200 of the A&D industries best were at a YEOHLEE fashion show hosted by Chinoiserie at the offices of architecture firm Perkins+Will.