3.20.06 | Interior design, alone among building professions, has long borne the brand of the Scarlet Letter. The contribution of everyone from architect to mortgage lender to sidewalk scaffolder is typically shouted to all in proximity by garish construction-site signs, while the interior designer remains hidden, bound tightly by the thongs of feckless confidentiality clauses.
- Innovant Secures Top Honors for Design Excellence with Two Platinum ADEX Awards
- OFM Wins ADEX Design Award for "Retro-Futuristic" Jupiter Stool
- Davis Furniture's Rox wins an Architizer A+ Award
- ASID Washington State Chapter 2015 Awards of Excellence Call for Entries
- ASID Names 2015 Fellows
- Two New Board Members Join The Center for Health Design
- Submissions Due May 7 for HCD Showcase
- #IIDEX15 Call for Seminars Extended + We're Looking for New Team Members!
- CIDA Seeks Input From Community Stakeholders on First Draft of Professional Standards 2017
- IFMA Celebrates Earth Day with Savings on Sustainability Facility Professional Credential
- Official TechStyle Haus Opening at Domaine de Boisbuchet Apr. 24
- Kimball Office Completes Jasper Showroom Refresh
- Trendway Explores Relationship With Renowned Danish Furniture Manufacturer
- Trendway Introduces Two New Personal Desk Lamps
- Trendway Names New Vice President of Sales
- Shaw Contract Group Hosts Material Health Workshop
- Empire Office Acquires Office Elements
- Arborite Appoints Richelieu Hardware as Northeast Distributors
- Interface First Quarter 2015 Results Conference Call Apr. 30
- Kimball International, Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Kimball International Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2015 Results Conference Call May 6
- IIDA-NY Pioneering Design Lecture Series May 11: Valerie Hillings
- Housing Works 11th Annual Design on a Dime Benefit and Groundbreaker Awards Dinner
- Material ConneXion and IFDA Present “Future of Home”
- Save A Sample! Celebration Wednesday, Apr. 29
- Designers' Guide to High Point Market Available
- May 7: Design Exchange Manhattan Event - Step Outside of the Box
- Sample Ordering Slowing You Down?
- Get Ready for Summer with Robert Allen + Open Air
- Symposium: The Global Shift – Who Shapes the Future of Design?
3.20.06 | Predictions are compelling and very often accurate. H.G Wells gave us The Time Machine, forecasting space travel, Aldous Huxley imagined cloning in Brave New World, George Orwell peered into politics with 1984 and Animal Farm. (Lets not mention the pigs.) Arthur C. Clarke took us on A 2001 Space Odyssey.
3.20.06 | The highly anticipated fifth annual Architectural Digest Home Design Show, co-sponsored by The New York Times and produced by Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc., was held at New York Citys Pier 94 on March 9 12, 2006. It did not disappoint.
3.20.06| The Architectural Digest Home Design Show 2006 at Pier 94 in New York City was a sprawling display of all the latest in home décor and design. Shashi Caans Spatial Color Exhibit sat tucked away in an inconspicuous corner of the show, past booths with impossibly comfortable looking couches and tabletops seemingly cut straight out of a redwood,
3.20.06 | On March 15, 2006 at the John Stevenson Gallery in New York City, photographer Sheila Metzner and Bernhardt Textiles unveiled the String Theory textile collection. The turnout was tremendous for this reception which presented a number of Metzners relevant photographs in tandem with her collaborative work with Bernhardt.
3.13.06 | The director of media and governmental affairs at Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill (SOM) spoke about The Politics of Architecture and the Architecture of Politics: How Aldermen, Civic Groups and MayorsShape the Built Environment at Archeworks.
3.13.06 | Ive noticed an increasing number projects all over North America incorporating photovoltaic systems in their quest for LEED certification. Unfortunately, this may be doing more harm than good.
3.13.06 | Perkins & Will/Eva Maddox Branded Environments and their client, Haworth, merged the realms of architecture, interior design, and corporate branding in the showroom they unveiled last year at Chicagos Merchandise Mart.
3.13.06 | Merchandise Mart Properties has worked with the Pacific Design Center and contract furniture showrooms to put together L.A.DesignWeek, March 2730.
3.13.06 | Transparent hotfix foil covered in tiny round and faceted crystals.
3.6.06 | Metropolitan Furniture, which holds a special niche attraction in the A & D community, began business in Oakland, California in 1905.
3.6.06 | If asked, most of us can easily come up with our preferred environment, be it home or a park, a walk around the lake, or a sailing outing.
3.6.06 | The demographic last Thursday at KnollTextiles was young and hip, the food was "downtown", and the wait staff looked as good as the fabric!
3.6.06 | Gensler has added Cary D. Johnson to its rolls as Regional Workplace Leader.
3.6.06 | After a fine introduction at NeoCon 2005, DIRTT, Inc. has been making its mark throughout the country, with its latest project being completed for the Johnson County Sunset Drive building in Olathe, Kansas.
3.6.06 | On Friday evening nearly 200 of the A&D industries best were at a YEOHLEE fashion show hosted by Chinoiserie at the offices of architecture firm Perkins+Will.