3.20.06 | Interior design, alone among building professions, has long borne the brand of the Scarlet Letter. The contribution of everyone from architect to mortgage lender to sidewalk scaffolder is typically shouted to all in proximity by garish construction-site signs, while the interior designer remains hidden, bound tightly by the thongs of feckless confidentiality clauses.
- Stretch of Green on I-85 Honors Interface Founder Ray C. Anderson
- Teknion Receives Two Green Good Design Awards
- IFI Bulletin | World Interiors Day 2014 - Member Report
- Baldwin& Workstations
- Beaufurn Enters Panel Category With Sound-Absorbing Accusta
- Paul Brayton Designs Introduces Erik Lounge
- EganAero Reviewed by OfficeSupplyGeek.com
- Introducing the Steinberg SF Studio
- Invision Launches Rug Program
- HPFI® GSA Contracts Renewed Through 2019
- New HPFI® Representation
- Florida International University's Landscape Architecture Name Change
- FLOS Appoints New Architectural VP in the U.S.
- FXFOWLE's Newest Partner: Nicholas Garrison
- Perkins+Will Chicago Promotions + New Hires
- Acoustiblok Wins National TV Challenge
- Rebecca Boenigk Appointed to Ronald McDonald House Charities Board
- ASID May 2014 IDBI Shows Increased Growth
- Herman Miller Announces Agreement to Acquire Design Within Reach
- Steelcase Leadership Honors Legacy of Peter M. Wege, 1920-2014
- In Memoriam: Former ASID National President Bruce James Brigham
- Kimball International, Inc. Announces Live Webcast of Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2014 Financial Results Conference Call
- Knoll Reports Strong Second Quarter Results; All Segments Deliver Improved Sales and Operating Profits
- HNI Corporation Reports Strong Earnings For Second Quarter Fiscal 2014
- Interface, Inc. To Broadcast Second Quarter 2014 Results Conference Call Over The Internet
3.20.06 | Predictions are compelling and very often accurate. H.G Wells gave us The Time Machine, forecasting space travel, Aldous Huxley imagined cloning in Brave New World, George Orwell peered into politics with 1984 and Animal Farm. (Lets not mention the pigs.) Arthur C. Clarke took us on A 2001 Space Odyssey.
3.20.06 | The highly anticipated fifth annual Architectural Digest Home Design Show, co-sponsored by The New York Times and produced by Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc., was held at New York Citys Pier 94 on March 9 12, 2006. It did not disappoint.
3.20.06| The Architectural Digest Home Design Show 2006 at Pier 94 in New York City was a sprawling display of all the latest in home décor and design. Shashi Caans Spatial Color Exhibit sat tucked away in an inconspicuous corner of the show, past booths with impossibly comfortable looking couches and tabletops seemingly cut straight out of a redwood,
3.20.06 | On March 15, 2006 at the John Stevenson Gallery in New York City, photographer Sheila Metzner and Bernhardt Textiles unveiled the String Theory textile collection. The turnout was tremendous for this reception which presented a number of Metzners relevant photographs in tandem with her collaborative work with Bernhardt.
3.13.06 | The director of media and governmental affairs at Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill (SOM) spoke about The Politics of Architecture and the Architecture of Politics: How Aldermen, Civic Groups and MayorsShape the Built Environment at Archeworks.
3.13.06 | Ive noticed an increasing number projects all over North America incorporating photovoltaic systems in their quest for LEED certification. Unfortunately, this may be doing more harm than good.
3.13.06 | Perkins & Will/Eva Maddox Branded Environments and their client, Haworth, merged the realms of architecture, interior design, and corporate branding in the showroom they unveiled last year at Chicagos Merchandise Mart.
3.13.06 | Merchandise Mart Properties has worked with the Pacific Design Center and contract furniture showrooms to put together L.A.DesignWeek, March 2730.
3.13.06 | Transparent hotfix foil covered in tiny round and faceted crystals.
3.6.06 | Metropolitan Furniture, which holds a special niche attraction in the A & D community, began business in Oakland, California in 1905.
3.6.06 | If asked, most of us can easily come up with our preferred environment, be it home or a park, a walk around the lake, or a sailing outing.
3.6.06 | The demographic last Thursday at KnollTextiles was young and hip, the food was "downtown", and the wait staff looked as good as the fabric!
3.6.06 | Gensler has added Cary D. Johnson to its rolls as Regional Workplace Leader.
3.6.06 | After a fine introduction at NeoCon 2005, DIRTT, Inc. has been making its mark throughout the country, with its latest project being completed for the Johnson County Sunset Drive building in Olathe, Kansas.
3.6.06 | On Friday evening nearly 200 of the A&D industries best were at a YEOHLEE fashion show hosted by Chinoiserie at the offices of architecture firm Perkins+Will.