3.20.06 | Interior design, alone among building professions, has long borne the brand of the Scarlet Letter. The contribution of everyone from architect to mortgage lender to sidewalk scaffolder is typically shouted to all in proximity by garish construction-site signs, while the interior designer remains hidden, bound tightly by the thongs of feckless confidentiality clauses.
- Herman Miller Reports Strategic Progress and Improved Momentum in the First Quarter of Fiscal Year 2015
- IIDA NY Sustainable Design Forum Oct. 14
- IIDA Illinois Chapter October CEU: Performance Fabrics 101
- Ultrafabrics Launches Dwell Synthetic Leather
- Amanda Eaton Promoted to Arc-Com Fabrics Vice President of Design
- HDR’s Boston Office Expands Design Practice with Four New Hires
- HOK Names Mindy Graves Senior Interiors Project Manager in Miami
- Meet CET Designer User of the Month Chad Bewley
- ASID July IDBI Shows Positive Momentum
- Andrew Martin Interior Design Review Volume 18
- Workplace Design News from Knoll
- Heimtextil: Frankfurt am Main, Jan. 14-17, 2015
- Architects Get Behind the Wheel - 10th Annual Road Rally
- Architectural Systems Introduces MIXX™ Porcelain
- Architectural Systems Introduces the Manhattan Vinyl Collection
- Shaw Contract Group Announces 2014 Design Is..Award Global Winners
- IIDA Announces Winners of Second Annual Best of Asia Pacific Design Awards
- IIDA 13th Annual Product Parade Oct. 15 in Philadelphia
- Dwell on Design New York Oct. 9-11
- ArtPrize 2014 - 10 Events You Don't Want To Miss
- WORKTECH14 West Coast Future of Work Conference Oct. 9 in San Francisco
- New CCIM Thrive Conference in Los Angeles Oct. 21-22
- IFMA’s World Workplace Conference and Expo Arrives in New Orleans Next Week
- IFMA’s World Workplace Conference and Expo to Provide Cutting-Edge Facility Management Educational Opportunities
- IFMA’s World Workplace Conference and Expo Features Strong Keynote Speaker Lineup
- IFMA’s World Workplace Exposition Features World-Class Facility Solutions & Is Free To Attend
- Oct 18 | Michael Graves Retrospective Exhibition to Open at Grounds For Sculpture
- Inscape Announces First Quarter Results
- Steelcase Inc. to Webcast Second Quarter Conference Call
- Herman Miller Partners With Unbranded Designs
- Camira’s Century Blends Wool With Recycled Jute From Coffee Sacks
- Camira Launches Brilliantly Upgraded Blazer Lite
- Beaufurn's New Commercial Seating Intros for Fall 2014
- OMA Appoints Four New Partners
- Steven M Lawler to Lead M Moser Associates in the USA
- Reminder: 9/17 IDLNY Grass Roots Town Hall
3.20.06 | Predictions are compelling and very often accurate. H.G Wells gave us The Time Machine, forecasting space travel, Aldous Huxley imagined cloning in Brave New World, George Orwell peered into politics with 1984 and Animal Farm. (Lets not mention the pigs.) Arthur C. Clarke took us on A 2001 Space Odyssey.
3.20.06 | The highly anticipated fifth annual Architectural Digest Home Design Show, co-sponsored by The New York Times and produced by Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc., was held at New York Citys Pier 94 on March 9 12, 2006. It did not disappoint.
3.20.06| The Architectural Digest Home Design Show 2006 at Pier 94 in New York City was a sprawling display of all the latest in home décor and design. Shashi Caans Spatial Color Exhibit sat tucked away in an inconspicuous corner of the show, past booths with impossibly comfortable looking couches and tabletops seemingly cut straight out of a redwood,
3.20.06 | On March 15, 2006 at the John Stevenson Gallery in New York City, photographer Sheila Metzner and Bernhardt Textiles unveiled the String Theory textile collection. The turnout was tremendous for this reception which presented a number of Metzners relevant photographs in tandem with her collaborative work with Bernhardt.
3.13.06 | The director of media and governmental affairs at Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill (SOM) spoke about The Politics of Architecture and the Architecture of Politics: How Aldermen, Civic Groups and MayorsShape the Built Environment at Archeworks.
3.13.06 | Ive noticed an increasing number projects all over North America incorporating photovoltaic systems in their quest for LEED certification. Unfortunately, this may be doing more harm than good.
3.13.06 | Perkins & Will/Eva Maddox Branded Environments and their client, Haworth, merged the realms of architecture, interior design, and corporate branding in the showroom they unveiled last year at Chicagos Merchandise Mart.
3.13.06 | Merchandise Mart Properties has worked with the Pacific Design Center and contract furniture showrooms to put together L.A.DesignWeek, March 2730.
3.13.06 | Transparent hotfix foil covered in tiny round and faceted crystals.
3.6.06 | Metropolitan Furniture, which holds a special niche attraction in the A & D community, began business in Oakland, California in 1905.
3.6.06 | If asked, most of us can easily come up with our preferred environment, be it home or a park, a walk around the lake, or a sailing outing.
3.6.06 | The demographic last Thursday at KnollTextiles was young and hip, the food was "downtown", and the wait staff looked as good as the fabric!
3.6.06 | Gensler has added Cary D. Johnson to its rolls as Regional Workplace Leader.
3.6.06 | After a fine introduction at NeoCon 2005, DIRTT, Inc. has been making its mark throughout the country, with its latest project being completed for the Johnson County Sunset Drive building in Olathe, Kansas.
3.6.06 | On Friday evening nearly 200 of the A&D industries best were at a YEOHLEE fashion show hosted by Chinoiserie at the offices of architecture firm Perkins+Will.