3.20.06 | Interior design, alone among building professions, has long borne the brand of the Scarlet Letter. The contribution of everyone from architect to mortgage lender to sidewalk scaffolder is typically shouted to all in proximity by garish construction-site signs, while the interior designer remains hidden, bound tightly by the thongs of feckless confidentiality clauses.
- Architecture Billings Index Rebounds to End 2014 on Solid Footing
- Artek at Stockholm Furniture Fair Feb. 3-7
- DIRTT and NMG to Showcase Healthcare Innovation in Dubai
- Technology Analysts Select DIRTT as Cleantech Stock of the Year
- Join Us in San Francisco Feb. 19 for a Pecha Kucha
- FLOS Holds Design Contest for SVA Students
- Heather Robertson Corrigan Honored With Keith Hooks Volunteer Excellence Award
- 2014 CIDA Award for Excellence Winners Announced
- Envisioning the Future – CIDA Future Vision Results Published
- IFI Announces Theme & Date for World Interiors Day 2015
- Architizer A+Awards
- Applied Brilliance - Spring 2015
- IIDA-IL Red Awards: Have You Submitted Yet?
- Call for Entries! 2015 Center for Active Design: Excellence Awards
- Workplace Research Paper: “Applying What Scientists Know about WHERE and HOW People Work Best”
- Galaxy Glass & Stone® Partners with 4walls®
- Joey Shimoda Creates Original Series of Designs for Feek® NA
- New Designs & Technology from Designtex
- Now Available Through Coalesse
- FXFOWLE Announces Firmwide Promotions - Senior Associates & Associates
- Jeffrey M. Young Joins the Pittsburgh Office of Perkins Eastman
- HOK Completes Acquisition of 360 Architecture
- Arc-Com Promotes Marisa Pichigian to EVP
- Michael Graves Receives 2014 AIA Presidential Citation
- Kentwood Office Furniture Consolidates Chicago Area Operations in Lombard, IL
- Edelman Announces Mark Skerik as President
- National Office Furniture Promotes Jon Leach to A+D Representative for North Texas
- Arenson Welcomes Kevin Kennedy as Vice President and Sales Director
- Dattner Architects Promotions
- CIDA Board Elects Officers, Appoints New Directors
- IFMA Facility Fusion 2015 - Apr. 21-23 in Orlando
- Jan. 22 Webinar: The Drive for Healthier Buildings
- Reminder: IDLNY Grass Roots Town Hall Jan. 28
- The Illinois Design Practitioner Act: Town Hall Meeting Jan. 27
- Looking For A Class To Prepare You For The NCIDQ?
- Stitch 10th Anniversary: Buy Earlybird Tickets Today!
- World Interiors News Awards 2015 Now Open
- ARCHIBUS Cited as a Leader in Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for Integrated Workplace Management Systems
- You're Invited to LAUNCH, Interior Photography: The Intensive
- You're Invited to LAUNCH, Client Management
- You're Invited to LAUNCH, Charging Strategies
- LAUNCH ONLINE: Sign Up for Social Media Marketing
- Lane Office Joins Adopt-A-Soldier Platoon to Send Care Packages
- Gunlocke Makes Significant Donations to Local Non-Profits
- Submit Presentation Proposals for Healthcare Design 2015
- Teknion Wins Five GOOD DESIGN Awards
- FLOS Wins Two 2014 GOOD DESIGN™ Awards
- Carnegie Wins Two 2014 GOOD DESIGN Awards
- GOOD DESIGN Is Seventh Industry Award for Nemschoff’s Palisade™ Collection
- Ligne Roset Cosse Sofa Wins GOOD DESIGN Award
- In Memoriam: Tony Hepburn
3.20.06 | Predictions are compelling and very often accurate. H.G Wells gave us The Time Machine, forecasting space travel, Aldous Huxley imagined cloning in Brave New World, George Orwell peered into politics with 1984 and Animal Farm. (Lets not mention the pigs.) Arthur C. Clarke took us on A 2001 Space Odyssey.
3.20.06 | The highly anticipated fifth annual Architectural Digest Home Design Show, co-sponsored by The New York Times and produced by Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc., was held at New York Citys Pier 94 on March 9 12, 2006. It did not disappoint.
3.20.06| The Architectural Digest Home Design Show 2006 at Pier 94 in New York City was a sprawling display of all the latest in home décor and design. Shashi Caans Spatial Color Exhibit sat tucked away in an inconspicuous corner of the show, past booths with impossibly comfortable looking couches and tabletops seemingly cut straight out of a redwood,
3.20.06 | On March 15, 2006 at the John Stevenson Gallery in New York City, photographer Sheila Metzner and Bernhardt Textiles unveiled the String Theory textile collection. The turnout was tremendous for this reception which presented a number of Metzners relevant photographs in tandem with her collaborative work with Bernhardt.
3.13.06 | The director of media and governmental affairs at Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill (SOM) spoke about The Politics of Architecture and the Architecture of Politics: How Aldermen, Civic Groups and MayorsShape the Built Environment at Archeworks.
3.13.06 | Ive noticed an increasing number projects all over North America incorporating photovoltaic systems in their quest for LEED certification. Unfortunately, this may be doing more harm than good.
3.13.06 | Perkins & Will/Eva Maddox Branded Environments and their client, Haworth, merged the realms of architecture, interior design, and corporate branding in the showroom they unveiled last year at Chicagos Merchandise Mart.
3.13.06 | Merchandise Mart Properties has worked with the Pacific Design Center and contract furniture showrooms to put together L.A.DesignWeek, March 2730.
3.13.06 | Transparent hotfix foil covered in tiny round and faceted crystals.
3.6.06 | Metropolitan Furniture, which holds a special niche attraction in the A & D community, began business in Oakland, California in 1905.
3.6.06 | If asked, most of us can easily come up with our preferred environment, be it home or a park, a walk around the lake, or a sailing outing.
3.6.06 | The demographic last Thursday at KnollTextiles was young and hip, the food was "downtown", and the wait staff looked as good as the fabric!
3.6.06 | Gensler has added Cary D. Johnson to its rolls as Regional Workplace Leader.
3.6.06 | After a fine introduction at NeoCon 2005, DIRTT, Inc. has been making its mark throughout the country, with its latest project being completed for the Johnson County Sunset Drive building in Olathe, Kansas.
3.6.06 | On Friday evening nearly 200 of the A&D industries best were at a YEOHLEE fashion show hosted by Chinoiserie at the offices of architecture firm Perkins+Will.