3.20.06 | Interior design, alone among building professions, has long borne the brand of the Scarlet Letter. The contribution of everyone from architect to mortgage lender to sidewalk scaffolder is typically shouted to all in proximity by garish construction-site signs, while the interior designer remains hidden, bound tightly by the thongs of feckless confidentiality clauses.
- Infor Reports ROI on NYC HQ Design by VOA
- Interface Names Eco-Park for Colombia Global Design Winner of "Reconnect Your Space" Competition
- CIFF-Office Show 2013 Post-Show Report
- 17th Annual IIDA/HD Product Design Competition Winners
- Hunter Douglas Wins Important Nonwovens Fabric Industry Award
- izzy+ Design Competition Winners
- Shaw Hospitality Group Wins Two Awards at HD Expo
- ICFF - Elizabeth Whelan Booth #1173
- 2013 D-Crit Conference: The Biggest Yet!
- NYCxDESIGN Panel: Parametric Modeling: Discipline vs. Practice hosted by FXFOWLE!
- ASID Foundation Offers Live Webinar Series on Healthy Building Materials
- Bendheim Introduces Haute Couture Decorative Glass
- May 20: Organizational Design at AIA NYC - Leading Architecture in a Changing World Series
- Lesro Newport Now Available on 20-20 GIZA, CAP and Worksheet
- Egan Visual Announces Alliance with JMC Associates for South Texas
- Bretford Introduces New Polyurethane Edges for Tables
- KTGY Completes the Design & Construction of Nearly 20 Million Square Feet of Retail
- Keith Miller, ASID, Client Wins "Best Preservation Practice" from Historic Seattle
- BIG Unveils Plans to Create a New Civic Heart for Miami Beach by Redeveloping the Convention Center
- Bentley Reveals New Company Identity
- Raymond Clark Joins HOK’s Chicago Practice as Management Principal
- Reminder and Schedule Updates: DDB's May 15 Spring Market
- Save A Sample! Celebration
- designLAb at PDC Opening May 16
- What's New and Next? Visit ASI Booth #1659 HDExpo, May 15-17, Las Vegas
- Shades of Abundant Emerald in Tile & Mosaic
- Molteni&C Dada: Vivere alla Ponti Save The Date
- Allermuir Marks Successful First Year in Hospitality Segment, Plans Aggressive 2013 Initiative Beginning with HD Expo
- Lualdi + NEWH Invite you to: iSaloni Design Trends, Tuesday May 21
- IIDA 2013 Educator of the Year
3.20.06 | Predictions are compelling and very often accurate. H.G Wells gave us The Time Machine, forecasting space travel, Aldous Huxley imagined cloning in Brave New World, George Orwell peered into politics with 1984 and Animal Farm. (Lets not mention the pigs.) Arthur C. Clarke took us on A 2001 Space Odyssey.
3.20.06 | The highly anticipated fifth annual Architectural Digest Home Design Show, co-sponsored by The New York Times and produced by Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc., was held at New York Citys Pier 94 on March 9 12, 2006. It did not disappoint.
3.20.06| The Architectural Digest Home Design Show 2006 at Pier 94 in New York City was a sprawling display of all the latest in home décor and design. Shashi Caans Spatial Color Exhibit sat tucked away in an inconspicuous corner of the show, past booths with impossibly comfortable looking couches and tabletops seemingly cut straight out of a redwood,
3.20.06 | On March 15, 2006 at the John Stevenson Gallery in New York City, photographer Sheila Metzner and Bernhardt Textiles unveiled the String Theory textile collection. The turnout was tremendous for this reception which presented a number of Metzners relevant photographs in tandem with her collaborative work with Bernhardt.
3.13.06 | The director of media and governmental affairs at Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill (SOM) spoke about The Politics of Architecture and the Architecture of Politics: How Aldermen, Civic Groups and MayorsShape the Built Environment at Archeworks.
3.13.06 | Ive noticed an increasing number projects all over North America incorporating photovoltaic systems in their quest for LEED certification. Unfortunately, this may be doing more harm than good.
3.13.06 | Perkins & Will/Eva Maddox Branded Environments and their client, Haworth, merged the realms of architecture, interior design, and corporate branding in the showroom they unveiled last year at Chicagos Merchandise Mart.
3.13.06 | Merchandise Mart Properties has worked with the Pacific Design Center and contract furniture showrooms to put together L.A.DesignWeek, March 2730.
3.13.06 | Transparent hotfix foil covered in tiny round and faceted crystals.
3.6.06 | Metropolitan Furniture, which holds a special niche attraction in the A & D community, began business in Oakland, California in 1905.
3.6.06 | If asked, most of us can easily come up with our preferred environment, be it home or a park, a walk around the lake, or a sailing outing.
3.6.06 | The demographic last Thursday at KnollTextiles was young and hip, the food was "downtown", and the wait staff looked as good as the fabric!
3.6.06 | Gensler has added Cary D. Johnson to its rolls as Regional Workplace Leader.
3.6.06 | After a fine introduction at NeoCon 2005, DIRTT, Inc. has been making its mark throughout the country, with its latest project being completed for the Johnson County Sunset Drive building in Olathe, Kansas.
3.6.06 | On Friday evening nearly 200 of the A&D industries best were at a YEOHLEE fashion show hosted by Chinoiserie at the offices of architecture firm Perkins+Will.