3.20.06 | Interior design, alone among building professions, has long borne the brand of the Scarlet Letter. The contribution of everyone from architect to mortgage lender to sidewalk scaffolder is typically shouted to all in proximity by garish construction-site signs, while the interior designer remains hidden, bound tightly by the thongs of feckless confidentiality clauses.
- Raymond James Brief 3.4.15 - BIFMA: January Orders +8%; Shipments +7%
- DIRTT Announces Record Results for Q4 and 2014
- Herman Miller Announces Preliminary Sales and Orders for the Third Quarter of Fiscal 2015 and Updated Full Year Guidance
- Herman Miller Announces Senior Leadership Promotions and Appointments
- IFI President's Message | Design For All - A World Wide View
- IIDA Accepting Applications for 2015 Educator and Member of the Year Awards
- CIDA Award for Excellence Call for Entries
- Configura Announces Free March CET Designer Webinars
- CIFF 2015: Guangzhou in March, Shanghai in September
- Architecture of Independence – African Modernism Exhibition at Vitra Design Museum Gallery
- Making Africa – A Continent of Contemporary Design: Mar. 14 – Sep. 13 at Vitra Design Museum
- Vitra Sale March 5-19
- Tandus-Centiva Announces Designer Takeover by Suzanne Tick
- Fabrics Inspired by the KnollTextiles Archives Introduced
- Bentley's Math Club Collection Celebrates Design Geeks
- ATI Decorative Laminates Creates ATI University
- ASID-IL 2015 Design Summit to Focus on How Psychology and Environment Impact Design
- Join IIDA IL for a First or a Second Round
- IIDA-IL #Photobash Mar. 26
- Apr. 9 - IIDA NY Knowledge Forum: Student Work Sample Review
- Mar. 16 - IIDA NY Pioneering Design Lecture: Dwell Media's Michela O’Connor Abrams
- LIGHTFAIR® International 2015 to Celebrate International Year of Light
- New Illinois Legislation to Expand Rights for Interior Designers
- Letter for Advocacy
- IIDC Capital Day 2015
- Join Us Feb 26 for a Webinar with the 2014 Changemaker
- Making the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice
- FXFOWLE Launches New Monograph and Related Exhibition
- Spector Group Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- ASI Fusion Wood Panels Help Write New Chapter in Adaptive Reuse Story
3.20.06 | Predictions are compelling and very often accurate. H.G Wells gave us The Time Machine, forecasting space travel, Aldous Huxley imagined cloning in Brave New World, George Orwell peered into politics with 1984 and Animal Farm. (Lets not mention the pigs.) Arthur C. Clarke took us on A 2001 Space Odyssey.
3.20.06 | The highly anticipated fifth annual Architectural Digest Home Design Show, co-sponsored by The New York Times and produced by Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc., was held at New York Citys Pier 94 on March 9 12, 2006. It did not disappoint.
3.20.06| The Architectural Digest Home Design Show 2006 at Pier 94 in New York City was a sprawling display of all the latest in home décor and design. Shashi Caans Spatial Color Exhibit sat tucked away in an inconspicuous corner of the show, past booths with impossibly comfortable looking couches and tabletops seemingly cut straight out of a redwood,
3.20.06 | On March 15, 2006 at the John Stevenson Gallery in New York City, photographer Sheila Metzner and Bernhardt Textiles unveiled the String Theory textile collection. The turnout was tremendous for this reception which presented a number of Metzners relevant photographs in tandem with her collaborative work with Bernhardt.
3.13.06 | The director of media and governmental affairs at Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill (SOM) spoke about The Politics of Architecture and the Architecture of Politics: How Aldermen, Civic Groups and MayorsShape the Built Environment at Archeworks.
3.13.06 | Ive noticed an increasing number projects all over North America incorporating photovoltaic systems in their quest for LEED certification. Unfortunately, this may be doing more harm than good.
3.13.06 | Perkins & Will/Eva Maddox Branded Environments and their client, Haworth, merged the realms of architecture, interior design, and corporate branding in the showroom they unveiled last year at Chicagos Merchandise Mart.
3.13.06 | Merchandise Mart Properties has worked with the Pacific Design Center and contract furniture showrooms to put together L.A.DesignWeek, March 2730.
3.13.06 | Transparent hotfix foil covered in tiny round and faceted crystals.
3.6.06 | Metropolitan Furniture, which holds a special niche attraction in the A & D community, began business in Oakland, California in 1905.
3.6.06 | If asked, most of us can easily come up with our preferred environment, be it home or a park, a walk around the lake, or a sailing outing.
3.6.06 | The demographic last Thursday at KnollTextiles was young and hip, the food was "downtown", and the wait staff looked as good as the fabric!
3.6.06 | Gensler has added Cary D. Johnson to its rolls as Regional Workplace Leader.
3.6.06 | After a fine introduction at NeoCon 2005, DIRTT, Inc. has been making its mark throughout the country, with its latest project being completed for the Johnson County Sunset Drive building in Olathe, Kansas.
3.6.06 | On Friday evening nearly 200 of the A&D industries best were at a YEOHLEE fashion show hosted by Chinoiserie at the offices of architecture firm Perkins+Will.