3.20.06 | Interior design, alone among building professions, has long borne the brand of the Scarlet Letter. The contribution of everyone from architect to mortgage lender to sidewalk scaffolder is typically shouted to all in proximity by garish construction-site signs, while the interior designer remains hidden, bound tightly by the thongs of feckless confidentiality clauses.
- Seeyond Installs Four Cellular Resin Wall Facings That Tell a Story
- IAQuarterly | Summer 2014
- ASID Q2 Interior Design Billings Index Suggests Positive Momentum
- Architecture Billings Index Reaches Highest Mark Since 2007
- Study: Ten Things That Any Emergency Preparedness/Business Continuity Plan Should Include
- Configura's August CET Designer User of the Month
- A Transition at Shaw Contract Group
- Katie Holcomb Joins Perkins+Will Marketing Team
- ATI Decorative Laminates Hires Dave Orbegoso for Western Post
- Allsteel Hires Tim Baxter as Business Development Manager
- J+J Flooring Group Recognized for Sustainable Achievements
- WIN Awards Dinner Tickets on Sale Now
- Kyle Jeffery Joins Callison Dallas Office
- Perkins Eastman Announces 2014 Promotions
- Avenue Road is Major Supplier to Park Hyatt New York Flagship Hotel
- LaMar Lighting Introduces Atria Series of Architectural Luminaires
- Concept Surfaces Introduces Exclusive Hexagonal Tile
- Bendheim Introduces Genuine Handmade Crown Bullion Glass for Historic Restorations, Reproductions
- Designtex Introduces Hardwear Upholstery Textiles
- New Healthcare and High Performance Fabrics From Designtex
- Paul Brayton Designs: New Writer’s Block Faux Leather Collection
- Stantec to Acquire Architecture Firm ADD Inc
- Editor at Large to Debut Printed Guide at High Point Market
- Ware Malcomb Celebrates Topping Off of New Mark IV Capital Headquarters
- Duravit Opens Refreshed NYC Showroom
- Shannon & Waterman Offers Walnut Wide Plank Flooring in Satin Finish
- Asure Software Acquires Roomtag
- Create the Workplace of the Future and Enter to Win $10,000!
- World-Renowned Advocate of Design for the Public Good to Speak at CIDA Future Vision
3.20.06 | Predictions are compelling and very often accurate. H.G Wells gave us The Time Machine, forecasting space travel, Aldous Huxley imagined cloning in Brave New World, George Orwell peered into politics with 1984 and Animal Farm. (Lets not mention the pigs.) Arthur C. Clarke took us on A 2001 Space Odyssey.
3.20.06 | The highly anticipated fifth annual Architectural Digest Home Design Show, co-sponsored by The New York Times and produced by Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc., was held at New York Citys Pier 94 on March 9 12, 2006. It did not disappoint.
3.20.06| The Architectural Digest Home Design Show 2006 at Pier 94 in New York City was a sprawling display of all the latest in home décor and design. Shashi Caans Spatial Color Exhibit sat tucked away in an inconspicuous corner of the show, past booths with impossibly comfortable looking couches and tabletops seemingly cut straight out of a redwood,
3.20.06 | On March 15, 2006 at the John Stevenson Gallery in New York City, photographer Sheila Metzner and Bernhardt Textiles unveiled the String Theory textile collection. The turnout was tremendous for this reception which presented a number of Metzners relevant photographs in tandem with her collaborative work with Bernhardt.
3.13.06 | The director of media and governmental affairs at Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill (SOM) spoke about The Politics of Architecture and the Architecture of Politics: How Aldermen, Civic Groups and MayorsShape the Built Environment at Archeworks.
3.13.06 | Ive noticed an increasing number projects all over North America incorporating photovoltaic systems in their quest for LEED certification. Unfortunately, this may be doing more harm than good.
3.13.06 | Perkins & Will/Eva Maddox Branded Environments and their client, Haworth, merged the realms of architecture, interior design, and corporate branding in the showroom they unveiled last year at Chicagos Merchandise Mart.
3.13.06 | Merchandise Mart Properties has worked with the Pacific Design Center and contract furniture showrooms to put together L.A.DesignWeek, March 2730.
3.13.06 | Transparent hotfix foil covered in tiny round and faceted crystals.
3.6.06 | Metropolitan Furniture, which holds a special niche attraction in the A & D community, began business in Oakland, California in 1905.
3.6.06 | If asked, most of us can easily come up with our preferred environment, be it home or a park, a walk around the lake, or a sailing outing.
3.6.06 | The demographic last Thursday at KnollTextiles was young and hip, the food was "downtown", and the wait staff looked as good as the fabric!
3.6.06 | Gensler has added Cary D. Johnson to its rolls as Regional Workplace Leader.
3.6.06 | After a fine introduction at NeoCon 2005, DIRTT, Inc. has been making its mark throughout the country, with its latest project being completed for the Johnson County Sunset Drive building in Olathe, Kansas.
3.6.06 | On Friday evening nearly 200 of the A&D industries best were at a YEOHLEE fashion show hosted by Chinoiserie at the offices of architecture firm Perkins+Will.