3.20.06 | Interior design, alone among building professions, has long borne the brand of the Scarlet Letter. The contribution of everyone from architect to mortgage lender to sidewalk scaffolder is typically shouted to all in proximity by garish construction-site signs, while the interior designer remains hidden, bound tightly by the thongs of feckless confidentiality clauses.
- IFI President's Bulletin | A Special Message
- Baldanzi & Novelli @ Orgatec 2014
- Moroso At Orgatec
- Moroso Celebrates Opening of New Retail Store in Singapore
- Inscape Unites Industry Leaders with F.I.R.E.
- IIDA NY Healthcare Forum Nov. 5: Modular Design + The Healthcare Environment
- Latest News from The Center for Health Design
- NeoCon East & DIFFA Team Up for Trick or Treat Opening Day Event
- NeoCon East 2014 Product Preview
- AndNews October 2014
- Robert Allen Expands Solids & Textures Collection
- ATI Decorative Laminates Expands MirroFlex Offerings for Fall 2014
- Kinetex Wins Product Innovation Award
- KTGY Receives Prestigious Firm Mentorship Award from AIA California Council; Award Highlights KTGY's Generation-to-Generation Focus
- IIDA Announces 5th Annual Global Excellence Awards
- HNI Corporation Reports Strong Sales And Earnings For Third Quarter Fiscal 2014 And Raises Full Year Guidance
- Stevens & Wilkinson Announces Two New Higher Education Facility and Campus Architecture Projects
- A New Book of the Works of Lahdelma & Mahlamäki Architects
- A New Book of Paimio Sanatorium – Alvar Aalto’s Gem of Functionalist Architecture
- Kimball International Begins Investor Road Shows as Focused Furniture Company
- Material ConneXion Spotlight, Oct. 23
- Natural Curiosities from Shaw Hospitality Group
- Architectural Systems Introduces Ecolinea Porcelain
- Ergotech at ErgoExpo Dec. 2-5 in Las Vegas
- Asure Software's New NowSpace App Provides Agile Workers with Comprehensive Workplace Scheduling Capabilities
- OFM Announces ‘My Desk Says’ Contest
- Interface Greenbuild Event With Janine Benyus and Paul Hawken, New Orleans Oct. 23
- LMNOP Digital Marketing Workshop Oct. 21
- John Snellinger Named Vice President at Chambers
- Architect Ted Moudis To Be Honored At Autumn Leaves Gala Oct. 14
3.20.06 | Predictions are compelling and very often accurate. H.G Wells gave us The Time Machine, forecasting space travel, Aldous Huxley imagined cloning in Brave New World, George Orwell peered into politics with 1984 and Animal Farm. (Lets not mention the pigs.) Arthur C. Clarke took us on A 2001 Space Odyssey.
3.20.06 | The highly anticipated fifth annual Architectural Digest Home Design Show, co-sponsored by The New York Times and produced by Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc., was held at New York Citys Pier 94 on March 9 12, 2006. It did not disappoint.
3.20.06| The Architectural Digest Home Design Show 2006 at Pier 94 in New York City was a sprawling display of all the latest in home décor and design. Shashi Caans Spatial Color Exhibit sat tucked away in an inconspicuous corner of the show, past booths with impossibly comfortable looking couches and tabletops seemingly cut straight out of a redwood,
3.20.06 | On March 15, 2006 at the John Stevenson Gallery in New York City, photographer Sheila Metzner and Bernhardt Textiles unveiled the String Theory textile collection. The turnout was tremendous for this reception which presented a number of Metzners relevant photographs in tandem with her collaborative work with Bernhardt.
3.13.06 | The director of media and governmental affairs at Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill (SOM) spoke about The Politics of Architecture and the Architecture of Politics: How Aldermen, Civic Groups and MayorsShape the Built Environment at Archeworks.
3.13.06 | Ive noticed an increasing number projects all over North America incorporating photovoltaic systems in their quest for LEED certification. Unfortunately, this may be doing more harm than good.
3.13.06 | Perkins & Will/Eva Maddox Branded Environments and their client, Haworth, merged the realms of architecture, interior design, and corporate branding in the showroom they unveiled last year at Chicagos Merchandise Mart.
3.13.06 | Merchandise Mart Properties has worked with the Pacific Design Center and contract furniture showrooms to put together L.A.DesignWeek, March 2730.
3.13.06 | Transparent hotfix foil covered in tiny round and faceted crystals.
3.6.06 | Metropolitan Furniture, which holds a special niche attraction in the A & D community, began business in Oakland, California in 1905.
3.6.06 | If asked, most of us can easily come up with our preferred environment, be it home or a park, a walk around the lake, or a sailing outing.
3.6.06 | The demographic last Thursday at KnollTextiles was young and hip, the food was "downtown", and the wait staff looked as good as the fabric!
3.6.06 | Gensler has added Cary D. Johnson to its rolls as Regional Workplace Leader.
3.6.06 | After a fine introduction at NeoCon 2005, DIRTT, Inc. has been making its mark throughout the country, with its latest project being completed for the Johnson County Sunset Drive building in Olathe, Kansas.
3.6.06 | On Friday evening nearly 200 of the A&D industries best were at a YEOHLEE fashion show hosted by Chinoiserie at the offices of architecture firm Perkins+Will.